February 15th, 2016
Similar to an annual wellness physical, homeowners should consider an annual review of the financial elements of their home. It’s particularly valuable based on the fact that their home and its equity is generally, one of their largest assets.
- List of similar properties recently sold and currently available
- Information on challenging property tax assessment
- Refinance Analysis to:
- lower your rate
- shorten the term
- make improvements
- eliminate mortgage insurance
- remove a person from the loan
- eliminate credit card debt
- combine loans
- take cash out of the equity
- Equity Accelerator to retire the mortgage within a specific period of time
- Repairmen and contractors recommendations
- Information on rental property opportunities
We’d be happy to provide this information at no obligation as part of our on-going commitment to providing homeowner information, both in general and specifically, to our contacts. It is part of a long-term strategy whereby we hope to earn your loyalty and referrals when you do need our services to buy or sell.
January 26th, 2015
IT’S TIME TO GET READY FOR THE SPRING MARKET!
All signs point to the continuation of the Buyers’ Market in 2015. Buyers have a large inventory to choose from, they are visiting model homes, and are watching HGTV. It is therefore more important than ever for Sellers to insure that their home is a standout in the market. It usually takes time to get a home in the best possible condition, however. In order to command the best price, here are some things you can do now.
1. Meet with the Lyons & McGuire Team to discuss which projects are worth undertaking and which are not. There is a difference between maintenance and upgrades. Buyers expect both. Upgrades may increase your price while maintenance will help you stand out. We can recommend service providers for almost any task.
2. If your home is ready to list, consider launching now! In most years, the “Spring Market” starts as early as the end of January. Contracts often peak in March although the inventory continues to grow throughout April and May. Sellers who jump in early have less competition, and buyers who are out this time of year are more serious.
3. Make exterior repairs and upgrades before the late winter snowy and rainy season sets in. You will then have the rest of the season to get your interior in great condition. When we post the For Sale sign in your yard, your home will be in great shape inside and out.
Bonus: Take exterior pictures of your home after the next snowstorm! Buyers love to see what a home looks like all times of year, and nothing can be quite so picturesque as freshly fallen snow.
January 14th, 2015
Home Invasion: Of The Critter Kind! Have you ever come home after being away on vacation to find that things look out of place and then…… The back door is WIDE open, it is freezing cold outside and you wonder, how long was that door open, a few hours, two days, a week? And what will my heating bill be? With each step you find a Hansel and Gretel trail of wrappings, foil pieces, chewed pine cones, baskets, toothpaste tubes, delicate glass ornaments in a million shards on the floors, and the contents of your bowls of holiday candy…gone! You continue your journey with baseball bat in hand, ready to combat “IT”. You find “IT” has been in your bedrooms, on your beds, dragged and stolen your kids’ favorite stuffed animals out, chewed and unstrung autographed baseballs, yakked up things here and there on your silk oriental carpets, but yet, ALL of your valuables are still in place, untouched!!!
“IT” was on your wet bar, your glass cocktail table, and on your dining room table with not one crystal glass overturned or broken! What could “IT” be? How could “IT” be so delicate, yet so messy? No forcible entry, nothing of value missing… You think only a man could open a double bolted locked door, but on the other hand, it looks like the critters of Great Falls had a New Year’s Eve party in your home. While you were away the critters were at play!
On a more serious note, take safety precautions before you head out of town. Make sure your alarm system is working, double check all doors and windows to make sure they are locked, have an in home sitter, let your family and friends and even police know that you will be out of town and give them your contact number. Or better yet have a staycation!
October 27th, 2014
Congratulations, you just put an offer on a home and it was accepted! Now what? Here Debbie and Vivian discuss the purpose and importance of Home Inspections and how both buyers and sellers can be prepared:
April 3rd, 2012
Check back frequently for answers to all of your real estate questions